Published by Downsoft on March 4, 2012
PeaZip Portable 4.4 for 64 bit systems has been released.
PeaZip Portable is the easy to use PeaZip file archiver packaged as a portable app, so you can take your file archiver with you and work with your compressed 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR files and more on the go. This release updates the included PeaZip to the latest release. It’s packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Suite. And it’s open source and completely free.
PeaZip is a file archiver (compression) utility for Windows with a great array of features including:
- Edit, save and restore archive layouts
- Supported formats:
- Pack / unpack: 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, TAR, UPX, and ZIP
- Unpack only: ACE, ARJ, CAB, DEB, ISO, LHA, RAR, RPM and more archive types…
- Apply multiple filters to archive contents
- Archive splitting and joining
- Encryption and secure deletion
- File comparison and checksum / hash (CRC, MD5, SHA…)
MORE about Peazip...
PeaZip free archiver utility is a portable, open source archiving, encryption and file split tool. Download the latest release from Downsoft.com.
PeaZip supports creating archives with a wide range of compression and encryption standards, and allows to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console applications, and let the user pick the best of the two worlds.
PeaZip is a reliable solution for most of the archive types you may met, and will help you in finding the right tool for a wide range of specific needs if you are searching for speed, or maximum compression, or strong encryption.
You can bring PeaZip with you and rely on it on multiple platforms.
- 7Z’s AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip’s AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip’s AES encryption
- FreeARC’s ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
Free as in freedom
PeaZip is freeware, free of charge for any personal and corporate use, and is also free as in freedom since it’s Open Source (LGPLv3)
PeaZip contains exclusively Open Source components released under OSI approved licenses